Re: [NTLK] OT michigan hot dogs WAS poutine

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 13:38:31 EDT

"Jeffrey M. Swiger" wrote:
> Michigan has some of the HIGHEST standards for Hotdog's and meat
> Quality!!!

Yes, and as a Michigan resident, I also enjoy a good hot dog now and then.
However, if I recall, Canada's standards are still much higher than the USA in
that regard. I worked at an ice cream shop (that also sold hot dogs) in
Ontario for a couple of summers when I was in high school years ago. I
remember that we could not buy hot dogs in the USA to sell in Canada --
although pretty much everything else (dairy products for the soft serve
machine, buns, and so on) was fine...

Of course, we probably we're allowed to buy those other things in the USA
either for resale in Canada -- but that was more due to laws unrelated to food
quality. :)

 - John...