Re: [NTLK] ViewFrame and InOut (was Keeping days collapsed in InOut box

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 02:08:57 EDT

on 03/07/02 00:48, Jim Witte at jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us wrote:

> I was poking around in the InOut box with ViewFrame trying to find how
> to make an auto-collapse package, and found that there it doesn't see
> ANY objects inside the main folder view object, nor are there any other
> subviews of the app that contain anything - just the "folder bar", the
> status line, and the line that contains the In Box/Out Box check boxes,
> which I can grok. Why wouldn't VF see any objects inside the main
> view? Even if the view is dynamically made, if there's an object on the
> screen, it seems that VF should be able to see it. The first
> viewClickScript in the proto chain calls DoDrawing('trackOverfiew,
> [argument]) and then a function called SendWithStrokesOff(). I can't
> find SendWithStrokesOff in the app at all. Has anyone else investigated
> this?
>
> Jim
>
>> Is there a package that will keep days which you have collapsed in the
>> InOut box to stay collapsed? If not, is there a more succint way to
>> control which day overviews are collapsed other than sending a
>> viewClickScript message to each of the overview buttons?

I've never investigated this, but if ViewFrame cannot display any object, I
would assume that those objects were written in C++ and therefore are not
real NewtonScript object, although I could be wrong...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

bytesexual /bi:t`sek'shu-*l/ adj.: [rare] Said of hardware, denotes willingness to compute or pass data in either big-endian or little-endian format (depending, presumably, on a mode bit somewhere). See also NUXI problem.