Re: [NTLK] Streaming Audio Links

From: Jesse Garnier (jgarnier_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 11:36:27 EDT

IMNewtMan_at_aol.com wrote not long ago (7/3/02 10:16 AM):

> Now that I have the WaveLAN driver working with my Linksys card, can list
> members post some of their favorite streaming audio links? There was a post
> recently with some links, but I have yet to locate it in the archives.

The demise of SOMA-FM has really taken a bite out of my favorite low
bit-rate streams. Here are the only two stations left in my rotation that
work after the RIAA bloodletting:

Mix (good, but I don't know whose this is): http://80.56.35.49:8000/
WOLF-FM (80s): http://205.188.234.34:8018/
AP Radio news: http://66.28.164.32:6530/
Virgin Radio (UK): http://212.187.204.62:80/
WEMU-FM 89.1 (public, Ypsilanti, MI): http://164.76.121.201:8000/modem/

Also, here's a link from Shoutcast listing 56kbps (or less) streams:

http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/index.phtml?maxbitrate=57

To get the actual URL of the streams, I launch them into iTunes (or WinAmp)
and then get info for the stream and type the actual URL into MAD Max.

The preceding "http://" and trailing "/" are required by MAD Max -- I didn't
realize that at first.

Cheers--

--Jesse