Re: [NTLK] Palm Interface

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 17:37:06 EDT

Richard Lowrey <dawgface_at_mac.com> wrote:
> Perhaps you would be more comfortable on a palm list (is there such a
> thing?),

There are lots of them, thanks.

> than on the Newton List slamming Newtons. I mean why would want to
> participate in a list populated by quote "idiots"

I'm not slamming the Newton. I like the Newton a lot and look forward to the
day when Apple finally gets it's head out and releases it's successor. However,
I *do* get tired of people dumping on Palm and can't help but feel that the only
reason anyone on this list *does* dump on Palm has a bit to do with "sour
grapes".

The Palm was never meant to be another Newton. It was meant to do pretty much
what it does now. So the Newton is better? It's actually just different - a
totally different approach to computing. Of course "Thinking Different" is
really what the Newton is all about, now isn't it? :)