Re: [NTLK] is there a way to move the folders from one newt toanother?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 03:06:13 EDT

on 04/07/02 01:58, Dan at dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com wrote:

> [...]

Yep, that's the downsize. You will end up with all the crap that is stored
in your 130 onto your 2100, and you may introduce some incompatibilities as
well. There's really no easy way to do this. However, what you could do
after restoring, your 2100 having to be restarted, you can try to disable
the packages from launching. Then, you could manually launch SBM Utilities
to remove unneeded or undesirable entries from the system soup. You have to
remember that by doing that, you'll loose everything you have in your system
soup now on your 2100...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

casting the runes n.: What a guru does when you ask him or her to run a particular program and type at it because it never works for anyone else; esp. used when nobody can ever see what the guru is doing different from what J. Random Luser does. Compare incantation, runes, examining the entrails; also see the AI koan about Tom Knight in "Some AI Koans" (Appendix A).