[NTLK] 3com Ethernet the D card

From: MuHammed Lonon (mjl3781_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 11:53:21 EDT

I bought a 3om EtherLinkIII 3C589D card and dongle
from Tom Zahm(this is NOT a flame, I repeat NOT a
flame, I lost his e-mail add. and just trying to get
his atteniion...neway). The dongle is freaking
awesome, but for some reason the card will only do
LANs and not Internet. I can connect to NCU and
printers galore on the AppleTalk campus network, but
whenever i try anything with the internet(
surfing,mail,etc) nothing happens. The connection
slip says that it connects to the mail server
then...nothing. NetHopper say that the connection has
been dropped and Newtscape just says the NIE message
forever... So what do you think is it the card or
maybe the driver??? BTW I have the C card from a
previous deal and it works fine. And DUH yes I have
the seperate driver for the D card and have all
relevant prefs set accordingly.

=====
MuHammed Jamal Lonon
102 Loden Lane Rochester, NY 14623