Re: [NTLK] Palm Interface...BREAK!

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 12:46:06 EDT

>On 7/5/02 @ 12:59 AM, David Orriss wrote:
>
>Just an FYI... what I "moved on" to was the HandEra 330.
>Closest thing I've found in the PalmOS world with any
>real substance that comes close to the Newton.
>
>http://www.handera.com

Having been a Palm user for a few years, I totally agree with David's
comment reference the HandEra 330. It is a very nice device.

Recently Sony introduced the Model PEG-NR70V

http://www.sonystyle.com/home/item.jsp?hierc=9684x9744x9746&catid=8801&item
id=34011&telesale=null&hidden=null&cps=null&type=s

This Palm OS device is simply awesome.

Some key features:
- 320 x 480 screen (Like a Newt 2K)
- Rotatable screen (Like a Newt 2K)
- Color
- Soft Crapfitti, er. Grafitti area
- Built in Memory
  16 MB (DRAM)
   8 MB (Flash)
- USB to sync
- Dimensions 5 1/2 (H) x 2 7/8 (W) x 11/16 (D) inches
- Weight 7 oz (including stylus)

I used to say, if my Newt died today, and there was no replacement, I
would go with the HandEra 330.

Well as of today, I would now go with the Sony PEG-NR70V.

The only real negative that I have seen so far, is the use of the Sony
Memory Stick. Sure wish Sony would use CF or MMC. Both are cheaper,
easier to get, and have larger capacities.

If the Sony had HWR equal to or better than the Newt, I would be hard
pressed not to switch. It is a really nice device.

But for now, I will very happily keep using my Newt 2K.

In fact, I just ordered another one to add to my small collection! :-)

Sushi