[NTLK] Using NScape and Works to change book formatting

From: Shabaz Dar (shabaz_at_tiscali.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 13:14:47 EDT

Thanks to the pointers by Anton Balaban and Laurent, I have reformatted
a book with NewtScape, to take advantage of the 2x00 screen. Here's how
it's done, if anyone's interested. Any improvements welcomed.

1 open the book, hit the routing button and choose Save To Works. Change
the range if necessary.

2 In Works change the width and justification if necessary. Go to tools,
choose Save As HTML.

3 In NewtScape, dismiss the default page. The default page interferes wit=
the first page of the book when it's imported. Go to File, choose Open Ne=
wtWorks
then tap the book title which appears on a small slip. The book is displa=
yed
in NewtScape. If you want to change the size of the text, go to i/Appeara=
nce
and select the "P" tag which controls the text size. Then quit out of New=
tScape
and reload to effect the changes. Go to file then select Save as Package.=

But is there a way to cut out either Works or NewtScape? Also, is there
a way of making the text size changes in NS take effect on the current bo=
ok,
instead of having to reload the book? This can be done on the desktop of
course, but it's not as green...

If there is a better way of doing it please let me know.

Thanks
Shabaz