Re: [NTLK] You know your a Newton power user when

From: MuHammed Lonon (mjl3781_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 16:55:05 EDT

--- Johannes Spielhagen <gottjott_at_gmx.de> wrote:

> > >1. You use the back-light as midnight
> illumination to change your
> > >child's diaper
> >
> > >2. You start to pick up Fred's Accent/Dialect
> >
> > > 3. When you are half asleep with a snoring
> spouse , you tap them on
> > >the forehead with your fingernail to get them to
> stop.
> >
> > >4. ... you're standard answer to almost any bare
> facts question is
> > >"I don't have the slightest clue, but hang on for
> a second - ah,
> > >there we are" by now.
> > >
> > >5. When you start writing your abbreviations on a
> piece of paper and are
> > >waiting for them to expand... (this happens more
> and more to me
> > >lately, to the point that I'm developing my own
> shorthand, so to
> > >speak ;-)
> > >
> > >6. You keep writing on your 17" monitor and get
> really surprised
> > >when nothing shows up on the screen.
> > >
> > >7.
> Youwriteonthecomputerandforgettohitthespacebar.
> > >
> > >8. You drag highlighted items to the left boarder
> of the screen to put them
> > >in one of the 9 clipboards. BTW, why did no
> freeware programmer realize this
> > >drag to the screen boarder feature?
> >
> > >9. When you try to beam an address card to the
> solar powered angle screen
> > >calculator sticking out the top of your wife's
> filofax.
> >
> > >10. You are writing something down on paper. You
> make a mistake and
> > >scribble it out, and wait for it to disappear.

     11. You have twice as many Newts as children AND
you spend more time playing with them(the Newts that
is).

     12. Number 11 doesn't apply to you because the
Newts ARE you children. *wonders*can you claim them on
your taxes???

     13. You are in a cold sweat because it is your
wedding anniversary and while surfing e-bay to find
that ridiculus thing that she hinted to you in a
not-so-inconspicuous-way she wanted you find it but
*gasp* you see that a Titanium cased, overclocked,
dongl-killed Newton owned by one of the developers
himself is in the final minute FOR THE SAME PRICE!!!
WHAT DO YOU DO???!!
                     'epilogue'
It has been two weeks and even though you are still in
the dog house(no I mean LITERALLY in the dog's house)
you care not because your wireless network(which just
happens to be your wife's Christmas present) allows
you to still send continuous e-mail updates to the
Newtontalk list about the secrect NewtonOS 3.0!!!,
who then respond with a deluge of thanks and praises
for you honorable and noble sacrifice....A true
patriot of the Green!!!

subnote: wow this dog food ain't that bad....

=====
MuHammed Jamal Lonon
102 Loden Lane Rochester, NY 14623
(585) 334-0848 (local)