Re: [NTLK] Recommendation needed for taking notes

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 06:17:45 EDT

Chris,

> I would like to take some longer notes, including some small drawings, on my
> Newton. What would be better: Notes or Works?

If you use checklists and outlines, Notes are better but you can also create
indented paragraphs at various levels in Works with a styles utility like
Landware's ScribeWorks.

> Is it possible to set the length of the Tab-Stop in either one?

Works has a full WP ruler where you can set tabs properly.

> I noticed that Notes is getting slower the longer the Note is. Same true for
> works? What is the size limit in works?

This is the problem. The Notes app. is really only for small fragments of
information like 2-3 screens full but Works can handle very large documents
with no problems.

You can enable HWR in Works with ScribeWorks but another strat. is to create
your texts in Notes and append them to a Works Doc in stages with a utility
like Twerks.

If you're using a keyboard, then I suggest that Works is the best option.

If you know that you re going to need to enter the equivalent of a few pages
of letter paper then use Works and recreate the formatting you need with
style sheets.

Joel.