Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #493

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 08:19:58 EDT

> Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 08:13 +0100
> From: "Darius Zendeh" <newton_at_dariuszendeh.de>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Urgent! Need help configuring WaveLan!!!
>

> Using AppleTalk to connect to NCU running in Classic under OS X works
> perfectly for me (Apple Cube, Airport Card, Airport BaseStation). I've got the
> latest WaveLan Driver from Hiroshi (Lucent WaveLan Silver with Driver Version
> 1.04).

Could you list ALL details (minus passwords of course) of your
configuration?

You're talking "ad hoc" mode where there's no basestation involved, right?

Please list your Mac setup, including all extensions loaded into Classic,
OSX network settings. As I mentioned earlier, NCU works over ethernet while
running Classic in OSX, and both the Newt and iBook see the basestation and
work fine.

FYI - for those who don't know this, OSX will load OS9 as a "Classic" mode,
where you can run almost all pre-OSX apps. The two interesting things are
that most OS9 apps load and run faster (!?) and that if they crash, the
worst they do is take down "Classic", which can be re-started. I've been
running OSX since 5/5/02 without a re-start, just "Sleep" when the computer
is not needed. I really don't (flamebait) think anything else