[NTLK] NewtsCape

From: Shabaz Dar (shabaz_at_tiscali.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 19:24:00 EDT

>> a way of making the text size changes in NS take effect on the current book>> instead of having to reload the book? This can be done on the desktop of
>> course, but it's not as green...

>books are basically "compiled/paginated" whichfreezes things like font>size, page layout & breaks, etc. if you don't like having to rebuild a>book to change formatting, you could use something else like Paperback.

Actually it's quite nifty doing the whole thing on the Newton.

>> But is there a way to cut out either Works or NewtScape?

>I'm afraid no. But you can save the book as html right away, so you won't >need to launch Works at all (only to delete text after completion). Save >book as html - open Newtscape - "open from Works".

You mean 'yes', as that's precisely what I was after!

>By the way, you should not quit Newtscape after changing a >font - just hit "Reload".

I tried, but the Reload function is bracketed out. The help states "this reloads the most recent version from the internet, and, if the transfer is sucessful, deletes the previous item (HTML or Image cache)". So does it apply to remote pages only?

Thanks
Shabaz