Re: [NTLK] Wireless Newton

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 02:20:47 EDT

on 08/07/02 01:46, John Skinner at john_at_johnskinner.net wrote:

> You still should see it even if it you are using a "LocalTalk" to Ethernet
> bridge.
>
> [The bridge translates back and forth between, the AppleTalk data traveling
> over LocalTalk wiring, and the AppleTalk data traveling over Ethernet wiring
> (A.K.A. EtherTalk)
>
> The printer should still show up as an Appletalk printer to all Ethernet
> devices that are connected with it (including the Newton). The only way it
> wouldn't show up to your wireless Newton is if your WAP doesn't bridge
> Appletalk.
>

> On 7/6/02 7:19 PM, "Laurent Daudelin" <nemesys_at_cox.net> wrote:
>

>> Maybe that's because I'm using an older LaserWriter that needs an AppleTalk
>> to Ethernet bridge. I don't see it...
>>
>> -Laurent.

Well, since I'm using an Apple AirPort Base Station, I would find hard to
believe that it doesn't bridge AppleTalk. Or is there something I'm missing?

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

flowchart n.: [techspeak] An archaic form of visual control-flow specification employing arrows and 'speech balloons' of various shapes. Hackers never use flowcharts, consider them extremely silly, and associate them with COBOL programmers, card wallopers, and other lower forms of life. This attitude follows from the observations that flowcharts (at least from a hacker's point of view) are no easier to read than code, are less precise, and tend to fall out of sync with the code (so that they either obfuscate it rather than explaining it, or require extra maintenance effort that doesn't improve the code). See also PDL, sense 1.