Re: [NTLK] article

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 12:37:47 EDT

Tom,

My read is different concerning SJ discussing Jaguar. IMHO, the Newt
represents a difficult time for Apple and SJ. To him, that period of
time is better left unsaid/recognized.

BTW, just because SJ canceled the Newt, does not mean that he disliked
the Newton technology including HWR. Otherwise, I doubt that we would
see it in Jaguar. By not selling off part of the crown jewels (Newt OS
and all that it contained), Apple is able to incorporate the Newt's HWR
into Ink.

Yes, SJ believes that computers have keyboards. That much was
true...then again, it might not be today. ;-)

You know, Apple was considering purchasing Palm...

One of these days, Apple will have to fill the void created on the PC
side with the Table Computer. IMHO, they have no choice in the matter.

However, that doesn't mean that they need to be the first, or the last
for that matter, to introduce a new Pen/Tablet computer.

With the Pen Tablets coming out soon (November I think) and devices like
OQO (www.oqo.com), Apple will be there. We may have to wait a while...or
not...but Apple will be there.

Let's see currently you can now get an iBook with 12" screen, G3/700,
40GB HD, 640MB RAM, and a Combo Drive which weighs in at 4.9 pounds. It
contains a wonderful interface I/O connector strip. Put it on a diet
(smaller touch sensitive screen say 10.2 inch, no keyboard, etc.), and
you already have a decent system for a Pen computer running Pen X (X with
Pen interface).

I don't know about you, but X to me, seems like it would be very easy to
use with a Pen. Much more so than with System 9. Just some minor
interfacing tweaks are needed.

BTW, ever wonder where the dock idea came from. it sure looks a lot like
the Newt dock to me! :-)

...then again, what do I know?! :-o

In the meantime, enjoy being green and happy, and of course looking to
the future! :-)

Sushi