Re: [NTLK] article

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 13:06:30 EDT

Brian wrote:
> Isn't it interesting how all these articles talk about the=20
> problems with Newton's HWR, and yet when I show my MP130 to=20
> techie friends and family they are all astonished at the=20
> Newt's HWR. These columnists must never have seen anything=20
> other than the first 100s.

        In "Lies my teacher told me", Loewen talks about how most
history textbooks are based on existing textbooks instead of original
sources. I suspect something similar goes on with regard to the Newton
and columnists. They know the Newton was the archetypal PDA, so they
figure they should mention it. They also "know" (from reading other
articles about it) that it had terrible HWR, so they perpetuate that
myth.

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 231:
Mythical guardians will be instructed to ask visitors name, purpose of
visit, and whether they have an appointment instead of ancient riddles.