[NTLK] Wirelessness

From: Steve Payonzeck (stevepayo_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 13:25:07 EDT

Life is good. I ended up with a WaveLan Silver card in
my Newton, which works like a charm thanks to
Hiroshi's driver.

Here's my setup, plus some cool 'abilities.'

Cisco 675 DSL Modem/router, connected to ABS2 via WAN
port. A SliMP3 player is connected to the LAN port on
the ABS, and is hooked up to my stereo. The ABS2 is in
bridge mode, letting the router serve DHCP IP's to:

1. Powerbook G3 (Pismo) running OSX/NCU in Classic
mode

2. G4 Tower

3. HP LaserJet 2200 with the 680n EIO wireless card.

4. Newton 2100

Cool abilities:

I can print wirelessly to the HP LaserJet directly
from the Macs OR the Newton.

I can use the Newton to wirelessly surf and control my
MP3 collection, through an HTML interface, which is
served to the SliMP3 player - in essence a web-based
remote control.

As I figure out more tips and tricks and neato-keen
abilities, I'll pass them along.

Steve