Re: [NTLK] article - PARC and innovation today

From: Joshua Johnston (flagg_at_midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 10:33:19 EDT

Well, after doing a little research to find a link to give out here, I
find that the reports that were going around at the time were
contradicted a few days later and just never caught my eye.

What happened was that a report came out that LLNL was getting gutted
for almost all of it's personnel and funds in order to transfer them to
Homeland Security. I'm still not sure what the full effect is going to
be in the long run, but for a while there it looked like the budget was
going to get slashed to the point of dissolution.