Re: [NTLK] TCP/IP Debugging on the Newton?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 14:34:35 EDT

On 12/07/02 14:29, "Rob Frohne" <frohro_at_wwc.edu> wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting TCP/IP to work on my 2100 with Wavelan.
> Appletalk works just fine. I'm connecting to an Airport base station
> and can see the signal strength, etc, but I don't know how to get
> information from the Newton about what IP address it got from the DHCP
> server, what router, etc. When I do a manual setup, it doesn't seem to
> work either. What tools or techniques are there on the Newton to
> troubleshoot something like this?

You have to make sure that your ABS is configured to server addresses to the
computers that are connecting to it. If you look in the configuration, there
should be an option that says that and will mention DHCP and NAT. I think
it's the second option in the middle of the config. Sorry I can't be more
specific I don't have access to an ABS here, at work.

-Laurent.

Green's Theorem prov.: [TMRC] For any story, in any group of people there
will be at least one person who has not heard the story. A refinement of the
theorem states that there will be exactly one person (if there were more
than one, it wouldn't be as bad to re-tell the story). [The name of this
theorem is a play on a fundamental theorem in calculus. --ESR]