[NTLK] Cracked 130 screen glass Where can I get it fixed.

From: Ginger Garnitz (ginger_at_proeventmusic.com)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 03:47:19 EDT

Yesterday I broke the glass on our 130. Apple said they no longer do direct repairs on Newtons
but gave me the names of two locals authorized repair dealers.
I specifically asked if those dealers would definitely be able to do the repair.
But when the dealer called Apple to order the part they were told the parts are not available
any more.
I was furious and read Apple customer service the riot act for giving me wrong information.
Then I called Shreve Systems and ordered another one (the broken one came from them also.) And
I was able to get a connection to my mac to back it up and then restored all the data back to
my 120 so I'm O.K.

BUT I really would like to get the broken 130 repaired. Any suggestions?