Re: [NTLK] Off Topic Question

From: SlashDevNull (slashdevnull_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 11:54:19 EDT

Salutations,

  Both drives are probably set up as a RAID array of some sort.

  Check the size of drive c:. If it says @ 8 gigs, then it is a striped
RAID 1 array. This could be why the second drive is not showing. It is
part of a software RAID array.

  I would think that drive c: is probably gonna report as 4.3 gigs. This
would probably mean the drives are set up as a RAID 1 mirrored array.

  But still do not use fdisk. Boot back into Win2k and go to the control
Panel. Open up 'Computer Management'. On the left side of the window you
should see a treeview. Go to 'Storage'. Under that look for 'Disk
Management'. That will show you the disks and how they are used.

  Of course, if you do not plan on running win2k, then you can use fdisk
blow them both away and then re-install 98. I would stay with win2k because
if you use 98, you will be using one of the cpu's as a space heater only.
98 will only use 1 cpu.

Cheers,
David