Re: [NTLK] 3C589C EtherLink III PCMCIA 2.0.

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 03:28:56 EDT

Checked the archives and found it:

"You can use the card - I have done so for years.
I downloaded the version 2.something from the Farallon site for their
PN595 (I think that's the model for their PC Card). Then you need to
install the driver for their card and re-boot. This doesn't yet work.
What you need to do next is: Find the string "aral" (4 characters) in
the driver file, which is installed in the Extensions foler. There are a
few instances on "Farallon" in there, ignore those.
Once you have the string, replace it with "Com " (the last character is
a space). I used Norton Disk Editor do to that.

This worked for me for any of the 3C589 and 3C589[B-D] cards."