Re: [NTLK] Cleaner pen

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 20:00:52 EDT

>--The pen says it is Isopropanol (67-63-0) <I have no idea what the=
> --numbers mean but they are listed right after Isopropanal>
>
>Isopropan(o)l is a Carbon-Hydrogen-Oxygen fluid, an alcohol (not drinkable).=
> The #.s 'might' stand for C67-H63-O. The last one is an O as in Oxygen-=
> there cannot(?) be zero Oxygen atoms in the sctructure.
>snip......
>
>Les

PCB man already answered this, but I can't let this bit of misinformation
go. The number refers to the Chemical Abstracts Information number.
Each chemical entity is assigned a unique code number so it can be
searched in their databases. There are over 7 million of these. Do not
try to assign any meaning to the numbers, there isn't any. CAS #'s are
now used world wide as tracking and information numbers by all the
Environmental Authorities that assess hazards and chemical risks.

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

NuShields: Your best defense against screen damage
http://www.NuShield.com

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513