Re: [NTLK] Newton mention in Keynote

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 12:11:26 EDT

I'm highly, highly skeptical of this claim. For one, the main brain behind
Rosetta was Larry Yeager, who is no longer with Apple. For some reason
Larry's page is down right now, but the GoogleCache'd version is here:
(long URL)
http://google.com/search?q=3Dcache:38Psv4C-ipkC:www.beanblossom.in.us/larryy/ANHR.html

It links to all the papers written about the research behind Rosetta. At
the bottom, it lists the names of the core team that developed Rosetta.
Two of them have links to their homepages. Richard Lyon's page states that
he is no longer at Apple. Brandon Webb's resume:
http://www.sifter.org/~brandyn/resume6.html
says that he is most recently working on a project for Adobe.

For the patents that concern Rosetta (linked from Brandon's resume, above),
Brandon and Larry Yeager are listed as the inventors. Neither are at Apple
anymore.

So, I doubt that the Rosetta development group is still at Apple. Unless
they've all been recently hired back for tons of money.

-- Victor (the skeptic, who enjoys a good game of Devil's Advocate)