Re: [NTLK] WSJ article on shrinking warranties and disposable products

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 06:26:28 EDT

Awesome! :-)

Please be careful when you move it so you don't throw your back out! ;-)

BTW, I still have my HP-71 system.

This includes an external floppy drive and inkjet printer -- both of
which are about the size of a thick three ring notebook binder (as in
huge).

I still use the HP-71 occasionally. Haven't tried the FD or printer in a
long time.

An interesting tidbit, is the HP-IL system, which is sort of like an
early USB system. You can connect up to 31 devices with one HP-IL loop.
So I could have multiple printers, FD's, Digital Voltmeters, etc.,
connected at the same time controlled by one source.

If you are interested:

http://www.fortitudine.com/~coryc/html/hpil.html

Neat stuff.

Of course compared to USB and FW or Rendevous using Bluetooth...

Sushi