Re: [NTLK] Dot-mac overpriced - glee in the lawyers' eyes..

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 15:16:34 EDT

On 18/07/02 14:59, "Jeffrey M. Swiger" <n8noe_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I Affirm your statement!..
> I think a Lite version would be the best for me and my use. About
> the only thing I use is the ( Mac.Com ) E-Mail address, and really
> nothing else. I like the Mac Address, as I use it here, But If I have
> to, I'll go elsewhere. I just loaded the Backup software on this
> machine, and it's Slick, but I have others that are FREE top me here. I
> just cant see spending the $99.99 a year.. If you sign now, you get the
> first year @ 49.00, This might not be all bad for a year, but LITE is
> ( I Think ) the way to go here. I wonder if they might do something like
> this ASAP, After all the Bitchin' about this?.... Jeff

I'm not sure but I think I've read on another list that once you enroll to
try the .Mac service, you have the ability to convert your .mac.com email
address to a free one. It is not mentioned anywhere but somebody on another
list mentioned that this option was there, in the account page.

FYI and YMMV...

-Laurent.

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been
badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or
misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS
2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice
of / as an option character in 1.0."