Re: [NTLK] [OT] Dot-mac overpriced etc

From: David Golden (ikondave_at_ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 15:45:55 EDT

on 7/18/02 4:26 PM, Chet Johns at cjohns_at_mac.com wrote:

> Another little question. In our house we currently use mac.com email for
> four different accounts. One for each of us. If I pay the enrollment will I
> get more than one email address or does each email address need to pay the
> fee? I thought I read somewhere about ability to purchase additional
> mailboxes at an additional fee (I think $5 each per year). After the at home
> fiasco I went through earlier in the year, I really hate to change my email
> address again but certainly don't want to pay up for each of our household
> email accounts.
>
> -Chet

One advantage in paying for an email account is that you have paid for the
right to complain when there are problems. There's an old saying that states
that " you can't fire a volunteer ". I have had such terrible luck with my
local ISP's pop server, that I feel that I must switch to a web based
account, and I sure as hell don't want to use Hotmail or Yahoo.

Dave