Re: [NTLK] Geez people, freaking get over it

From: PaulMmn (PaulMmn_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 07:51:59 EDT

Dear Group--

I've watched people complain that their "free" email accounts have
dried up. Their "free" on-line storage has shrunk to one megabyte
(<-- exaggeration). And they can't see their favorite newsgroups.

My ISP (Netcom > Earthlink) provides mail and some web hosting as
part of my convenient monthly payment. I am extremely pleased with
the service. Even though I now have high-speed cable access, I've
-kept- my Earthlink account because the email service works, and
because I did not want to have to change my address. (Good thing I
did; the cable network changed hands, and I'd have had to change
addresses again!)

I pay for my newsgroup access, since most ISPs don't have a full news service.

In short, as David said, the free ride is over. You have to *gasp*
-pay- for the services on The Internet.

Expensive? That all depends. I used to pay by the minute to use the
old Compuserve Information Service. And that could add up to
significant change! Today's flat rate for unlimited access is a
bargain! I think that even adding up all of the separate charges,
I'm still ahead.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn_at_ix.netcom.nospam.com