Re: [NTLK] Geez people, freaking get over it

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 10:53:46 EDT

aw, for the love of mike. all this moaning for 27 cents a day? you
could lose that kind of big money out of a hole in your pocket every day
and never notice it.

this is peanuts, especially when one looks at the value of the
services. why can't they charge us for something that has ongoing costs
to them? fair is fair, and i'd rather have that than to have it go away!

iTools wasn't advertised as part of os 9, it was advertised as an
enhancement to it. an os is an os, something that your computer uses to
operate. itools is a service, which originally "needed" os 9 to be used
(although hacks were later developed to allow users of earlier os
versions in as well).

golly, did you hear these sorts of screams when they meanly took away
Kidsafe? b-b-b-but they promised it to us, forever and ever! we paid
for it! how dare they!

so it's quite simple: pay for what you use, or don't pay for something
you don't use. and at this great price, esp with the new enhancements,
what a bargain. we're lucky they offer it to us. maybe if we each have
one less can of coke every two or so days, we'll be able to afford the
stiff fee...and as a bonus, we may reduce our waistlines to the point
where more of the non-XL newtontalk shirts will find buyers.

On Friday, July 19, 2002, at 07:20 AM, Stephen Jendraszak wrote:

> On Friday, July 19, 2002, at 02:13 AM, SlashDevNull wrote:
>> .Mac is still a part of OS 9 and X. .Mac is better integrated than
>> _any
>> other_ Internet suite and OS out there. That integration and service
>> _does_
>> cost money.
> Yes, it does. And we paid that money when we bought OS 9 and/or OS X.
> Apple is not in the right to suddenly deactivate a feature of an OS it
> is still selling!

...snippity...