Re: [NTLK] Stationary has disappeared (using MoreInfo)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 14:19:30 EDT

On 19/07/02 13:51, "Steven" <steven_at_zenacon.com> wrote:

> I have been using MoreInfo for about a week and really like it, but 2 days
> ago my 2000u reset itself while doing a NCU backup. When it restarted I
> received an error and when I try and access Journal Notes, Card Notes or
> Calls I receive an error message saying "This uses stationary that is not
> installed and cannot be displayed." I have written to Silverware support 3
> times and they are of no help responding with:
>
>>> As an update to the previous email. I tried to do a reset and received
> an
>>> "Installation Error 9" message. I am still experiencing the missing
>>> stationary error.
>>
>> This simply registers the card note stationery for use in the Notepad.
>> Perhaps you do not have the standard notepad installed or it is not the
>> backdrop app. Unfortunately, it has been some time since I have dealt
> with
>> these issues and am quite rusty with regards to MoreInfo issues.
>>
>> This is not a fatal error and will simply mean you do not have the
>> "CardNote" option in the popup list of stationery for your notes.
>
> I have tried reinstalling the program but it still will not display the
> stationary. The rest of the program works fine. Any ideas on what I should
> do?

The only suggestion I can offer is to put all the MoreInfo related packages
on the same store. If you decide to put it in the internal memory, put all
packages there. If you decide to put it on an external flash RAM card, put
all the packages there.

If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid you'll have to do a hard reset and
restore from a backup.

-Laurent.

fat electrons n.: Old-time hacker David Cargill's theory on the causation of
computer glitches. Your typical electric utility draws its line current out
of the big generators with a pair of coil taps located near the top of the
dynamo. When the normal tap brushes get dirty, they take them off line to
clean them up, and use special auxiliary taps on the bottom of the coil.
Now, this is a problem, because when they do that they get not ordinary or
`thin' electrons, but the fat'n'sloppy electrons that are heavier and so
settle to the bottom of the generator. These flow down ordinary wires just
fine, but when they have to turn a sharp corner (as in an integrated-circuit
via), they're apt to get stuck. This is what causes computer glitches.