Re: [NTLK] Geez people, freaking get over it

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 15:45:55 EDT

------------------
>Basic facts are:
>
> 1) Newton was losing too much money and had _no_ chance of being
>profitable in the near future. Apple couldn't afford to keep pumping =
money
>into it.

WOW! You have the 'profit/loss balance sheet??? You said 'basic fact', =
doesn't this require proof?
----------------
> 2) Email services _do_ cost money. Sure, email messages are small but =
so
>is a paper cut. Now take hundreds of millions (2.2 million users * =
hundreds
>of email messages a day) of paper cuts and tell me how it feels.

This comparison is so _IDIOTATICALLY_ stupid I can not believe anyone is
making it. There is a world of difference between accidental pain and =
'bait-and-switch'. There is a world of
difference between having an accident and an email address. The =
comparisons ( and YES, I know someone is gonna try to be a smartass and =
try the lame 'But their actions are the same' argument ) are moronic and =
completely discredit anything you would write afterwards.
----------------
> 3) If you haven't noticed, many companies are coming to the Mac. Many
>more are dropping the Mac. So Apple is creating the applications that =
will
>bring people to the Mac. This costs money.

'Bait-and-switch' is illegal.
----------------
> 4) OS X is perfectly useable and quick. I have a G4 400 running =
10.1.5 and I am _very_ pleased with the performance.

_You_ are pleased, _Others_ are not.
----------------
> 5) .Mac will now cost money. ITools used to be free but now it costs =
money. Sure it would be nice to stay free, but if you haven't noticed =
almost all free services have dropped by the wayside. Apple is also =
adding more services to .Mac.

iTools is part of the cost of the Mac OS license.
Apple should charge only for the extra services.
----------------
> 6) Running Apple costs a fortune. Look at the crappy wintel model.

The Wintel model costs more.
----------------
> 7) Bandwidth _is_ expensive. Apple is not running everything off of a =
cable modem in the back.

Therefore it was a stupid business decision to offer it in the first =
place. Now the 'users' after taking the 'bait' have to 'switch' to a =
fee-based system.

Apple should have advertised 'free for a limited time'.
Apple lost a lawsuit about lifetime support.
Apple tried to 'own' people's iDisk.
----------------
> Apple is spending _tons_ of cash to make the Mac a better product.

Of course it costs money to improve product, but overspending has to be =
controlled.
----------------
> If you don't want to pay the cash to Apple, go run XP. And we'll know.
>When you crappy email program spews virus loaded email to everyone you =
know,
>we will all laugh at you.

Yup, I'm laughing at 90% of the 'market'
> Apple is the Mercedes of computing. It will cost more.

But I drive a Dodge...Oh cr_at_p!...didn't Benz buy out Chrysler!?!
> I have subscribed.
>
> And it is worth every penny.
>
>Cheers,
>David