Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #523

From: SlashDevNull (slashdevnull_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 22:04:43 EDT

Salutations,

  A ton of people have sent me messages asking where I found the GeForce2
MX400 with 64 megs of RAM for $44, including shipping.

Here is the info.

Visiontek Geforce2 MX-400 64MB AGP TV OUTPrice for phone order. Mention
PRICE WATCH - Visiontek GF2 mx400. AGP with TV out MX400, OEM
(Part - MCIVTMX400-37)
$ 36
1-2 days
MainPc Computer Inc.
718-627-3977

Pricewatch.com is the best place to look for things such as this.

Here is the link for converting the PC version of the GeForce2 to the mac
version.

www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20020712084851928#comments

Make sure that if do this, you purchase a namebrand card, not OEM. Most OEM
cards use slower memory.

Cheers,
David