[NTLK] [OT] Geez people, freaking get over it

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 09:39:43 EDT

>Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 01:34:26 -0400
>From: SlashDevNull <slashdevnull_at_mac.com>
>Subject: [NTLK] Geez people, freaking get over it
>

> Apple is spending _tons_ of cash to make the Mac a better product.
>
> If you don't want to pay the cash to Apple, go run XP. And we'll know.
>When you crappy email program spews virus loaded email to everyone you know,
>we will all laugh at you.
>
> Apple is the Mercedes of computing. It will cost more.
>
> I have subscribed.
>
> And it is worth every penny.
>
>Cheers,
>David

Thank you David, can you read my mind? ;)
I do have a mac.com address, but almost nobody except Apple knows it,
and nobody except Apple is dropping mail to it.
I use iTools for sending iCards, that's about it. I guess that will
remain free of charge.
I see $100 are a little steep (and there surely is room for low cost
models in .mac, or edu-rebates), and not exactly everyone's cup of
tea.
So is owning and paying for a Mac.
You have to look at the price/value factor.
With a Mac you get an excellent product that will most likely not
disappoint you.
With .mac you get services seamlessly integrated into your workflow,
save to desktop or save to iDisc, it's just a click away.
Not being a very code-savvy person at all, Steve's demo of the web &
net based sync apps and Rendezvous made my jaw drop, Apple's
programmers & GUI designers must be wizards, I highly admire them.
Nevertheless, even wizards have to be fed.
Personally, I do not have much need for the current .mac services,
but they might come up with something appealing, and I will then
gladly cough up the cash for yet another great Apple product making
my everyday life easier, more efficient, or simply more fun.

Oliver :)

--
BIG BUSINESS IS A JUNGLE. THE APPLE NEWTON IS YOUR MACHETE.