Re: [NTLK] Cases revisited...

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 00:23:53 EDT

on 22/07/02 22:56, John Goggan at jgoggan_at_dcg.com wrote:

> Sorry to bring this back up -- I really did go through the archives, but
> wasn't sure on the answer I was looking for...
>
> Basically, if I want to hold a MP2x00, keyboard, some PCMCIA cards, some
> cables (mainly phone and cellular cables for the modem), and maybe an extra
> battery pack... What options do I have?
>
> I currently have the Apple case that I believe is called the "portfolio"
> case. It has a spot for the Newton which can be angled to your liking and the
> other side holds the keyboard (plus it has those worthless straps), but it
> doesn't seem to have anywhere to hide any goodies, right?
>
> I also own a NewtBoot which is great for holding everything -- except for a
> keyboard, of course...
>
> I've looked at the pictures that I could find of PDA Concept's "HandStand",
> but that appears similar to the Portfolio to me. I mean, they show in the
> pictures that they crammed some goodies along the sides -- but it really
> doesn't look like it has pockets or anything meant to hold them -- just some
> extra space to stuff stuff, which isn't really what I'm looking for. Or are
> the picture deceptive and it really DOES have such pockets?
>
> So -- what else is there? I haven't even seen pictures of it, but from my
> reading it looks like the Apple "Briefcase" case might do, right? From what
> I've read, it seems to have a place for all of those things (i.e. pockets for
> the goodies) -- is that correct? Anyone have pictures of this case? Or,
> maybe even better, anyone have one for sale or trade? I have some other cases
> as well as some 32MB FlashRAM cards to choose from if anyone has one and is
> interested in a trade...

The Apple briefcase is the size of a... Briefcase. It can hold a lot of
things, including letter format folders, a bunch of other accessories, the
keyboard and, of course, the MP2x00. It also has a shoulder strap. It's
pretty much like a laptop case, only thinner.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

gib /jib/: 1. vi. To destroy utterly. Like frag, but much more violent and final. "There's no trace left. You definitely gibbed that bug". 2. n. Remnants after total obliteration. Originated first by id software in the game Quake. It's short for giblets (thus pronounced "jib"), and referred to the bloody remains of slain opponents. Eventually the word was verbed, and leaked into general usage afterward.