Re: [NTLK] Cases revisited...

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 01:02:05 EDT

Dan wrote:
> Well if you look on the backside of the part that pops up to angle the
> newt you will find two spots for PC cards (if it is the canvas case, the

Ah! I see that it does. Heh. I thought they were sewn shut since they were
stuck on mine (just hadn't been opened in forever). Well, that's a little
better, at least, I can stick a couple cards in there. Thanks...

I still wish it just had one extra closeable compartment though -- to throw
things like some small cables, an extra battery pack, maybe an AC adapter --
that sort of thing...

> leather version has more spaces for the cards from what I can tell, but
> both that those straps)

Yes, I actually recently bought the leather wrap-around holster w/ velcro from
PDA-Concepts that I plan to use in place of those straps if I end up using
this case.

> As far as I can tell it does have the quite a few pockets. And I know the
> Satalite case that they make now does, and you can get a divider for even
> more space. I am looking for a handstand myself actually.

I am curious about those pockets. Can someone with the HandStand case confirm
that? From the pictures, they certainly don't show things in the pockets --
they just show the battery pack and other bits stuffed around the Newton
itself -- except in the pictures where they haven't included the keyboard,
then they just show all the junk in place of the keyboard.

So, again, I'm really not sure that that case has pockets -- at least, no
pockets that would fit anything bigger than a PCMCIA card that I see...

The briefcase sounds huge relative to the portfolio though... So, even if I
could get my hands on one, I'm not sure it is what I'd want. But, well, it
would do, I guess. I'll have to keep looking...

Thanks again!

 - John...