Re: [NTLK] Re - Excessive quotes.

From: Dave Christensen (dc623_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 03:28:35 EDT

Unfortunatly, I do mean the definitions, quotes, etc, that
go on for more then 3-4 lines. I saw three messages this
afternoon that went like: 2-3 lines of reply, 3-7 lines of
quote, and 6-8 lines of signature. I dont know if there are
ways to trim them up or not.

Sometimes its hard for me to tell where the message is and
where the signature block is. Maybe its just from being hit
in the forehead with a baseball 25 years ago that I cant
tell....

I do remember my old PCBoard BBS days, and ProTools that
would go into the message libraries and truncate anything
after a '--' or '---' in an email message to make more
space. Got rid of some of those QMail and EZReader lines,
espicially when they would push ANSI text in there. I
suppose I wish I could do that in Mozilla or SimpleMail.

Those MSN/Yahoo tagline things we cant help....
(Hopefully the ellipses police wont come after me)