Re: [NTLK] Looking for a MoreInfo replacement

From: Robert Locatelli (sickofthecrap_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 04:03:19 EDT

> I have decided to find a replacement for MI since they have decided not to
> provide tech support beyond suggesting I remove all other programs from my
> 2100 and reinstall MI (which I tried and still did not work).
Re-installation is one thing. Another is to brain wipe the Newton before
reinstallation. Your symptoms point to a software or soup-content related
problem and starting from a well defined 'clean/empty' state of the Newton
is certainly not a bad idea. Did you do a brain wipe?

> What other
> program(s) do you recommend that assist in linking info and ease
scheduling?
Before I got MI I had a shareware program which could link only names. Its
name was PowerLinks. But it was completely cancelled after dismission on
Newton. Even the download page was gone at that day and the registration was
done with a SN. I would be willing to part with that program including SN
because I'm quite happy with MI and suggest that you try again to get it
running, even if you got that far to re-install from scratch.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG