Re: [NTLK] Making Books for my Newton

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 13:39:03 EDT

Hello,

  I would like to make books for my personal use on my uMP2000 and am not
clear how to do so on Newton Press. Specifically I have the papers that I
would like to put on my Newton as hardcopy, and the only efficient way to
get them into my computer is to scan them. Yet after I scan the page(s) the
computer will only save them as a picture file (such as .jpeg or .bmp), of
which Newton Press does not like (although I have gotten the .bmp files
into Newton Press after I convert the file to a .pkg it does not display on
my Newton). Is there anything that I can do, or do I have to type in all
the text by hand into, say, Microsoft Word and then import the document
into Newton Press? If so I may not be able to as it will take forever to
type all the text in...

  I checked the Newton FAQ via UNNA, as well as looked around the web, for
the answer to my question but could not find it. If I missed it somewhere I
am sorry, and would appreciate knowing where the information might be.

Thank you,

Sam