[NTLK] Apple Support For Newton 2100?

From: Michael Nerad (neradms_at_execpc.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 15:36:21 EDT

Hello,

I would like to know how long Apple is legally obligated to support and repair original Newton 2100 Messagepads? Is there someone who knows precisely the date and what the repair/support agreement for this product is? Specifically, I am interested in the exact hardware/software problem of the "jaggies"; which I know has been discussed many times before. I know that Apple is aware of the problem, and that others have at times been lucky/fortunate to get Apple to repair/replace the problem.

I would really appreciate if someone with real expertise about the support/time agreement Apple has in regards to the 2100 and if anyone has specific knowledge of the "jaggies" issue and working with Apple for a solution.

I would like to receive off-list communication if possible. I don't want to bother or waste other's time with something they might already know.

What I am doing is pursuing this directly with Apple. I started with a person I knew who is an Education Sales Executive, and they are trying to put me in contact with someone who can even try to resolve some of these issues. But believe it or not, there are not many people left at Apple who even know anything at all about the Newton, and it is proving hard to find out any information. They are not being uncooperative, the people I've talked with just do not know the correct information.

That is why I am reaching out to this great group. I know there are experts here who will know more about supposedly Apple agreed to/was forced to, in regards to how long they must hypothetically repair certain problems.

Thank you for your time and help.

Michael Nerad