Re: [NTLK] OT: upcoming trip to Montreal: poutine advice needed

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 00:05:27 EDT

On Wednesday, July 24, 2002, at 08:46 PM, John Charlton wrote:

>> Can anyone recommend a place in Montreal where
>> we might find the best example of this delicacy?
>
> My favourite, since it was close to my apartment, was Patati Patata,
> though
> the curds and gravy only get two (out of three) stars they do score
> highly
> in the "Je ne sais quoi" category for a great location for people
> watching
> (corner of St. Laurent and Rachel) and they serve good beer, always a
> plus!

but would one eat a poutine with a beer?

> Bit small to bring a family though,

me, the wife and two little kids - workable?

> it's also a bit of a way from the 'Big
> O' as our lovely Olympic debacle is called. Don't even think about
> getting
> a poutine at the stadium!

no, there it's the beaver tails! yucky but real good!

> Not much help am I. Now if you were looking for Thai food...

ah, thanks, but we've already got that covered, here in San Francisco...

- Peter
pjfraser_at_alamedanet.net

"A computer without Windows is like a dog without bricks tied to its
head."