[NTLK] Re - Emate display ribbon damage

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 19:47:42 EDT

> Hello, I just received an emate on ebay and the display
ribbon has been
www.inventors-
> emporium.co.uk , but i'm worried that i'm not talented
enough to do it.
> Are there any other ways to fix this ribbon?! I didn't
spend much on
> the emate so price isn't an issue right now, as long as it
doesn't cost
> as much as another WORKING emate. ;-)

There's also a quite good pdf in the hardware section of the
site below,
make sure to have a look at it.
If you can get the cable removed from the eMate, you can
send it to me
and I'll give fixing it a try. I could test it in my emate.
If I succeed, this
would make things quite cheap for you as it could be sent in
a letter.
If you don't feel up to removing
the cable, you could send the whole emate. Shipping would be
probably
quite expensive, but still way less than what replacement
emate would cost.
As you are the first one I would try this for, I'd do it for
free.

> Also if anybody knows a part
> number, is it possible to order one directly from apple?
Thanks in
> advance.

I'm afraid you can forget that.

Frank