Re: [NTLK] poutine [OT]

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 05:09:18 EDT

on 7/27/02 1:37 AM, SuerthP_at_andersonnews.com at SuerthP_at_andersonnews.com
wrote:

> there actually is some rule, akin to "murphy's law" type of thing that says
> any thread is officially talked out when someone asks a question concern
> some relationship between the thread topic and Hitler...IIRC, someone tried
> to invoke this rule a while back by asking if hitler ate poutine... i guess
> the rule doesn't always work... must be sj's reality distortion field.

I think the idea is more that a thread will degenerate until the point that
Hitler or Ayn Rand is invoked as a point in the argument. At this point, the
thread dies a horrible, albeit natural death. The corollary is that if those
names are invoked merely end the thread, then it won't work. So, the Hitler
eating poutine post fell into this category, and therefore failed. :-) HTH

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.