[NTLK] synchronizing two newts

From: charles mangin (newton_at_option8.com)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 19:36:43 EDT

up to now, i've been using my mp2100 as my "daily" newt - taking
notes, scheduling meetings, looking up names, etc. it has, since its
inception, had the most horrific case of jaggies i have ever seen.
all the fixes suggested by this group and others have been, at best,
temporary. it's time to take drastic measures.

meanwhile, it's time to go back to my mp2000 for daily use. for a
while now, i've used this guy (recently transformed to the iNewt -
http://www.newtontraveler.com/white.html) as my backup, in case i
dropped or lost the 2100. every now and then, i dock the 2100 and do
a full backup, then i plug in the 2000 and do a full restore. this
takes a while, and if there's anything i've added on the 2000, it
gets blown away in the restore.

which, finally, brings me to my question for the group:

is there a way to keep 2 newts synchronized? i want to be fairly
certain that anything i add - dates, names, notes, packages - to
either newt gets added to the other. i could probably use something
to synchronize one newt to the desktop - outlook/lookout, etc - and
then re-sync the other newt. but that doesn't cover everything like
notes and packages.

any ideas?

--

charles mangin | globetrotting Newton user newton_at_option8.com | http://www.newtontraveler.com