Re: [NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0b13

From: SlashDevNull (slashdevnull_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 02:08:49 EDT

Salutations,

  I guess the the lesson of the day is 'it isn't always what you say, but
how you say it.'.

  There is a world of difference between 'Excuse me, may I pass.' and 'Hey
dumbass, get the hell out of my way.'

  There is a world of difference between 'Maybe we can try this' and 'Are
you a friggin idiot? Do it my way.'.

  There is a world of difference between sending a private message to the
author saying 'Hmm, I was thinking about your price for the ATA software.
While I am sure it is worth 50 euro, I crunched some numbers and I think you
could net more sales if you lowered it just a bit.' and sending a public
message to everyone saying 'you are gouging all of us and I don't think your
software is worth that. Anyone that purchases this software at that price
is either an idiot or a fanatic that has too much money for their own good.
This is my opinion and here are my reasons why I think someone is charging
too much money for their work.'.

  See the difference?

  Not only did you say that the software wasn't worth the price you insulted
everyone who is considering buying it. Not a good move. And then you did
it again on you last 'explanation'. Oh well.

  Also remember that you are talking about someone else's work. No matter
what you say, you need to phrase it as a suggestion. Because ultimately
that is what you are doing.

  And the worst part is that you still don't think you did anything impolite
or just plain wrong. But don't worry, hopefully you will grow out of it.

Cheers,
David