Re: [NTLK] Emate display ribbon damage

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 03:02:59 EDT

on 29/07/02 02:16, Glenn Roe at myhome_at_cwnet.com wrote:

> Michael Blazer wrote:
>
>> To which I replied that I was interested, and I figured there are enough
>> similarly afflicted eMates around to make it worth his while. With a little
>> promotion it could be good for hundreds of orders, with more eMates biting
>> the dust every day.
>>
>> I know PCBman was busy with other projects then, but maybe this is a good
>> time to raise it again? What do you say, David? And can we have a show of
>> hands of all those who have eMates with damaged display cables?
>>
>> Michael
>
> I have a half-dozen eMates in my cupboard that have this problem, and
> another half dozen being used by employees that could potentially
> develop it. I would love to bring the dead ones back to life, and know I
> could fix the others if they develop the issue. Count me in!

I don't have half a dozen, but only one and I would love to get a
replacement cable!

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

"imagine the disincentive to software development if after months of work another company could come along and copy your work and market it under it's own name...without legal restraints to such copying, companies like Apple could not afford to advance the state of the art" -Bill Gates '83