Re: [NTLK] I'm done with the ATA thread.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 08:30:16 EDT

------------------
> I may have said he was gouging, but I
>was a bit worked up due to all the mild flaming in my direction. I don't =
know Paul, and I don't know anything he's done for the community.

You 'did' say 'gouging'.
Paul has helped many Newton users without charge. If you looked at the =
archives you would understand better what this community has been thru.
------------------
>What it just seems like to me, is that if Paul's been so valuable to =
people as I've been hearing, why haven't more people who could, donated to =
him?

Again, read the archives for info. you don't know, since this list started =
long before you got here.
------------------
>The community should try and support each other in ways other than simply
>accepting high prices for things developed by members.

No, you should not get a 'free ride'.
------------------
>There are better ways to show support than ways that lock out people with =
less money.

No, you should not get a 'free ride'.
------------------
>Hell, if I hadn't already given away a K6-450 with 96M in it this year,
>and Paul were in the UK, I'd have considered boxing it up and sending it
>off, had I any knowledge of what he contributed. (I might be poor and
>unemployed, but somehow I manage to collect computer parts and systems)

There's your 'business', resell stuff. But you quickly learn in your own =
business that customers have to pay your price not what they want to pay.
>I'm not going to reply to the last thread anymore, so I'd appreciate if =
the flames died down. I spoke my piece, I gave my figures, its up to Paul =
and the rest of you to decide what to do with them.

There you go again, jerking Paul and future customers to pressure a =
developer to give you a 'cheap price'. As soon as you stop trying to jerk =
people the flaming will lessen.
Be respectful and stop trying to turn others against Paul('the rest of you =
decide'-were you a used carsalesman? with lines like those...)