Re: [NTLK] I'm done with the ATA thread.

From: SlashDevNull (slashdevnull_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 12:33:20 EDT

Salutations,

> Read
> the whole list of messages before replying to them one at a time. I
> didn't spend more than 10 seconds skimming each one. If you're going to
> get into a flamewar, at least know how to do it right. ;)

  Not to single out anyone, but he is right (not the flamewar stuff, but the
replying). It is _extremely_ annoying for someone to reply to digest
messages by reading the older ones first and then replying to most every one
of them.

  While I understand why people get digest lists, the digest recipients
should realize that many topics can change during the discussion. I really
don't want to say that a digest reader shouldn't reply to each individual
message, but they should at least read all of the messages in a thread
before replying.

  Yes, yes, yes, I realize that everyone here has every right to reply to
any message whenever they read it. But if there is a very active thread,
then the people that post 12 hours after the message was originally posted,
usually end up repeating a reply that was made an hour after the original
message.

Cheers,
David