Re: [NTLK] Ethernet Card?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 16:43:30 EDT

on 30/07/02 13:09, James Charney at James_Charney_at_FirstClass.choate.edu
wrote:

> Hello- I've been having trouble recently getting a working connection
> between my MP2100 and myh Powerbook, and it looks like the culprit may be
> my Farrallon Ethernet card.
> Can anyone remind me what Ethernet cards I can use that will work in my
> Newton. Must it be by Farallon? Is there any other make that had a
> driver for the Newton? Are modern Ethernet cards compatible, or do i have
> to find an older model? Thanks very much for your advice.

Check Newton Resources, in the Ethernet section
<http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/>. There are even scans of the
Farallon cards that are known to work with a Newton.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

fat-finger vt.: 1. To introduce a typo while editing in such a way that the resulting manglification of a configuration file does something useless, damaging, or wildly unexpected. "NSI fat-fingered their DNS zone file and took half the net down again." 2. More generally, any typo that produces dramatically bad results.