Re: [NTLK] Farallon problem with switches

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 11:38:59 EDT

Hrm. I suspect that there's something about our 10/100 switches that causes
the card to either autodetect incorrectly the first time, or try one setting,
and if there's an error then close the connection and try another. This
might confuse the Newton driver if it expects the card to be linked to the
network by a certain point and the card is trying to drop and re-enable the
link. Unfortunately, looking at 3Com's diagnostic and setting software
for this card, there doesn't seem to be a way to "hard-code" the card in
either full or half duplex mode.

Also, sometimes I have to reset the Newton, try to connect with Newt's Cape,
wait for the failure, and then use the Reset HTTP function and connect
again.

-- Victor