Re: [NTLK] Farallon problem with switches

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 12:34:51 EDT

My switch is connected to my Linux box which shares my cable modem connection
between the wired and wireless (RangeLAN2) networks.

Actually though... now that you mention the other machines: my main Win2K box
has a 3Com card as well, a 3c905 10/100 card. That card can get on the net
just fine, but for the life of me I can't get it to connect at 100Mbit to
the switch. I've tried everything - updated drivers, all variations of
advanced speed/duplex/autosense settings, to no avail - it always comes up
as 10Mbit. My girlfriend's box has a craptastic RealTek 8139 based card, and
she's on the switch on 100Mbit no problem. I have a sneaking suspicion
my 3Com cards don't like my switch (sorry, I can't remember what make it
is right now). I'll have to try and dig out another 10/100 card and try it
in my desktop. I'd better stop talking now though, don't want to go too
OT...

-- Victor