Re: [NTLK] MAD Newton Fun

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 16:15:54 EDT

There are only a few things to watch out for. Keep
your WinAmp up to date (there was an exploit in an
early version) you might want to keep an eye on your
DNAS log to see if something weird happens (like a
login that you don't recognize) and watch your event
logs for other weirdness. I've found that 99.999% of
the exploit attempts is from canned scripts (script
kiddies) and no one does any real hacking anymore, so
as long as the applications you are using are safe
from current exploits, then you're basically safe
(hint, move your cmd.exe to a different directory that
doesn't have "Everyone" access and change your comspec
variable for the cmd.exe to reflect your new location)
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Christopher Frazier <cfrazier_at_webplantation.com>
wrote:
<Snip>
> streams trick as well. I need to spend some time
> with the config to
> make sure I'm not openning up any silliness on my
> machine for someone to
> hack.
>
> Chris

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting